Friday, February 27, 2015

eBook Review: People Speak 7 by Chaim Walder


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial

People Speak is an amazing book series by Chaim Walder! It contains stories from real people. In People Speak 7, stories are shared from a Jewish perspective; I think most or all of the stories are about people that live in Israel. They are encouraging, inspirational, and sometimes spiritual. They will probably often make people not want to put the book down until they end because it is very hard to guess how they will end at times. The stories might make people laugh or cry and some might also make some people think “I can’t believe that really happened!”, or “That is amazing!”.

I liked how Hebrew words with English sounds (transliteration) are inserted in the stories in this book. In my opinion, they helped to educate me more about the Jewish language and culture. There is a glossary in the back of the book defining those words in English.  Since this is the third book in the People Speak series I have read, I am beginning to recognize words I have looked up in previous books and I do not need to look in the glossary as much.

There were some occasional (very random) typos or grammar errors that I noticed in the book. My eBook copy mentions that this book was first published in Hebrew so I understand that some words here and there may have not gotten transferred exactly, if that is what happened.

I liked how good things often happen to people when they daven (pray) and include G-d in these stories. It shows me that G-d is looking out for the Jewish people in more ways than I can imagine! I also liked that there is a variety of walks of life in these stories, which include different types (to me many different types) of human experiences that I imagine will reach out (and probably already have) to a variety of people!

My review = 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.c honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment