Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Ebook Review: People Speak 4 by Chaim Walder


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial

People Speak is an amazing book series by Chaim Walder! It contains stories from real people. In People Speak 4, (which is the book I am reviewing here) stories were shared from a Jewish perspective. The stories are inspirational, encouraging, and sometimes spiritual. Some stories might make you laugh and some might make you cry. Some seem to be written by people who have never had their story published in this series, and others explain times that they have had other stories published in it. Hebrew words with English sounds (transliteration) are inserted in the stories to educate English readers of the Jewish language and culture. There is a glossary in the back of the book defining those words in English. 

The stories often reeled me in until the end because I couldn’t predict the endings and I anticipated the outcome in most cases. I had to finish each story most of the time (unless I needed to get cooking started or something) because I needed to know what happened.

There were some occasional typos or grammar errors that I noticed in the book. My eBook copy mentions that this book was first printed in Hebrew so I understand that some words here and there may have not gotten transferred exactly, if that is what happened.

This is my second time reading the People Speak series and it is still very interesting to me! Some of the Hebrew words and their English meanings I came across in the stories are sticking with me, which I love. I am looking forward to reading more books in this series!

My review = 4.5 out of 5 stars


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment