Thursday, February 26, 2015

Book Review: When I Grow Up I Want to Be...a Teacher! by Wigu Publishing

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.***** 

When I Grow Up I Want To Be…a Teacher! is another installment in the When I Grow Up series by Wigu Publishing! Carlee has always wanted to be a teacher and used to love when the new school year started…but not this year. Her mom is teaching the same grade level she is in. At school she has fears that her mom will embarrass her, because her mom might come into her classroom to check on her, she might see her at lunch, and she might lose friends because some of her friends are in her mom’s class! All through her day she thinks of what other professions she might want to be when she grows up, because teaching is now out of the question! But when she gets through the day, was it really so bad that her mother was teaching at her school and in her grade level?

In my opinion, this book does a great job of educating children about the teaching profession, and what some children go through when they think their parents will do things that might embarrass them. In this case it was Carlee's mother being a teacher at her school…in the same grade that she is a part of. As the story continues, there are facts inserted about different famous people that are a part of history, and that were also teachers. I liked that Carlee’s mind opened up to other future vocational possibilities throughout the book. I also liked that the cartoon-like pictures were placed on real photos in this book, to me that brings this fiction story into a more real life outlook for children.

A children’s book that is educational and interesting!

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: The publisher has provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment