Thursday, February 26, 2015

Book Review: The Story For Kids: Discover The Bible From Beginning To End by Zonderkidz


*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.***** 

The Story for Kids is a story/summary/overview of the Bible for kids from beginning to end. It starts out with how God created the world in Genesis, explains people’s lives in Old Testament times and the times of Jesus being on earth, what it was like for his disciples after Jesus died and arose to be in heaven, and ends with some prophecies in the book of Revelation. It explains the story of the Bible in ways that are understandable for kids.

Transitions are given throughout the story, which are not part of the Bible text; they are located in italics to help link parts of the Bible together for kids to understand those parts better. There are black and white drawings in various places in the book that give visual pictures of how things might have happened at those points in the story. There are also discussion questions at the end of each chapter that can be asked so that teachers and parents can see what was learned and how kids might be thinking deeper.

At first I thought when I requested this to review that it was a Bible for kids but when I received it I noticed it was a story. It reads like a continuous story…but it is a true story. I seem to remember running into places in this book where people were shepherded, which I think is a good explanation/picture to give children about how people were led and how they learned during Bible times. I like how the words in italics throughout the story help clarify what happened in the Bible for children that will read this book, or will have it read to them. I like how there is “List of Bible Excerpts” at the back of the book, which gives the Scriptures used for each chapter in this book. Those Scriptures can be read before, during, and after each part of the story is read to children.

This is a great summary/overview of the Bible for kids in about 250 pages!

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment