Sunday, January 4, 2015

Old Fashioned by Rene Gutteridge, based on the Screenplay by Rik Swartzwelder

Clay Walsh seems content with his life of running an antique shop. There is something interesting about restoring people’s treasures… and discovering and imagining the stories behind them. Amber Hewson, a free-spirited woman, walks into his shop one day and rents out the apartment above it. He mentions that she isn’t his type; they are so different after all. There is something about her though. He won’t set foot in the same room with her for fear that he might bring back some of the old frat boy lifestyle out of him that he used to live. Amber thinks he’s going a little too far, after all she thinks she can resist him. When their pasts are uncovered, will they have enough inside themselves for each other to continue to try to understand if they are right for each other?

This book was soooo good! It brought forth a serious topic of Godly courtships, which I think needs to be modeled more in our world, while adding humor. I hope there are many people’s names written on this book to read! Clay and Amber found ways to get to know each other that I think were Godly, and they sounded like they were having a lot of fun doing that most of the time!  

I know the film for this book is not out yet but it really amazed me how the parts of the trailer that I watched are very much like the book describes them. I am so much anticipating watching the film when it comes out!

My review = 500 out of 5 stars (if I could give it that many stars I would)



Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment