Monday, January 5, 2015

My Favorite Animal: Cobras by Victoria Marcos


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

This is an interesting book for children ages 4-8 to learn about cobras. It shares some interesting information about cobras, such as what shape their bodies make, where they are found, what they do when they are provoked, how they “hear” without sound, what part of their bodies they use to smell, what they use their eyesight, sensitivity and intelligence for, which cobras are the most deadly, where are they the most comfortable, and other interesting tidbits.

I think the information in this book will amaze some children about cobras! The photos show what cobras look like and some of the places they can be found (on the ground, near rocks, etc). They will be able to learn how cobras compare to humans by how they use their senses and bodies differently than we do. There are some simple review questions that are asked that some children might be able to remember easily. I think the glossary in the back of the book will be a good review of what the words used in this book related to cobras are also.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment