Sunday, January 25, 2015

Book Review: One Sentence Storybooks by Nancy I. Sanders, Illustrated by Hannah Wood

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

One Sentence Storybooks is a delightful set of 10 children's short story books. Each book starts out with one sentence and adds a new sentence for the next three pages. The story ends with four sentences that explain each Bible story. There is an illustration on every other page of the part of the book that contains the stories, each illustrating all the sentences that are used. There are some review pages at the end of the book consisting of the main words used in each story, a page about truths, verses, and prayers that apply to the story, and a look back into the story where the children can find colors, shapes, and words that sound like pictures that are shown.

I really liked reading these books which brought Bible stories together in four sentences for children. To me they are more like pamphlets, although I believe they are short enough to keep a child's attention throughout all the stories. If all 10 books were combined I think it would also make a good mini-book of Bible stories for children, and some people might look at it that way. I like that all of the books are numbered; this makes it easy to keep them all in order. The 10 stories came together in a nice paperback/cardboard case with Velcro, to keep the case closed when the books aren't being used.

I think this will be a great collection to children's' libraries, and that it would also be good to be placed on tables or stands to be readily available to read at different times.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. The opinions I have given are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment