Friday, January 9, 2015

Audio Book Review: Obama Confidential by Marc Berlin

The copy of Obama Confidential: Strange, Odd & Bizarre Letters to the 44th President that I received is an audio CD version; it contains 3 CDs. It is a humorous look at the kind of letters President of the United States, Barack Obama might receive. People like someone that works in a restaurant, a housewife, to a person in the government write the letters. The letters are read in the voices of the people who wrote them. The dates they were written are given. The letters are answered, mostly in the voice of Barack Obama (made up voice I think) from what I could tell. Some people will find this collection of letters quite hilarious.


I have a dry sense of humor sometimes but some of the letters in this “Outrageous Collection of Letters” did make me laugh on the inside a little bit (and maybe a little on the outside). The voices of the people who wrote the made up letters was the funniest part for me. There was some random bad language that I ran into on the CDs. It might not bother some people, but it might bother others. Even though the humor is not supposed to be offensive, I think it might offend some people. Barack Obama’s voice was a great imitation, in my opinion, if it was an imitation. I also liked the imitations of some other well-known people’s voices I recognized. Some of the solutions that the President came up with sounded kind of funny to me.

My review = 3 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this audio book the publisher in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment