Friday, December 19, 2014

We Play by Katrina Streza, Illustrated by Jade Goegebuer

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.


 
*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

We Play is written on a Level 1 reader level. It is explained what a girl and boy do to "play" throughout the story. The book explains what the places they play at are like, such as what they look and feel like. The pictures illustrate the short sentences used, to help children see just how much can happen with very few words. At the back of the eBook (pdf version) there is a word list included, which are words that are used in this story. There is also an activity list at the back of the book in relation to the story.

I think this book will be a great read for children just starting to learn to read. I also think it will be great for teachers and/or parents who want to teach basic words to children that can't read yet. The story isn't very long and it seemed like there was not an abundance of words used. There is one sentence per every two pages. There is an illustration on every page of the book. In my opinion, the pictures do a great job of illustrating the sentences used. I also think that the activity list in the back of the book will be great for helping with art (drawing), writing, and counting.

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. eBook review request - Fancy Pants Poetry

    Hello Jill, I found your blog on Book Blogger Directory. I'm promoting my eBook titled Fancy Pants Poetry. Would you consider reviewing it?

    Cover IMG: http://i.imgur.com/nYupU3z.jpg
    Cover by: Samantha Scafidi

    The poetry you'll meet in this collection will be biting, defensive, cynical and sarcastic. Dark humour is used to elaborate upon bleak life outlooks. At many times the spirit in these poems are rooted in antonymous rebellion. All that said, the reader will also encounter various instances synonymous with the proverbial "light at the end of tunnel".

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23642813-fancy-pants-poetry
    50 pgs
    Dec 1 2014
    978-0-9936659-3-6



    Agostino Scafidi. Montreal, Canada.
    http://www.facebook.com/AgostinoScafidiAuthor

    For readers to purchase my eBook:
    http://agostinoscafidi.bigcartel.com
    My eBooks come in mobi, epub, pdf, doc w/ cover.

    To download Fancy Pants Poetry for your review:
    Send me an email agostinoscafidi at gmail dot com

    Sample for you and your readers:
    http://thehermitrant.blogspot.ca/2014/12/new-ebook-fancy-pants-poetry.html


    Thank you for your time!
    _Agostino

    ReplyDelete