Monday, December 29, 2014

E-book Review: Hippochondriac Written and illustrated by Micky Morag


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial


*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Hippochondriac is about a hippo that is a hypochondriac. He thinks he has many sicknesses and that is robbing his life. Any rumors of diseases makes him think he has them also and that causes him fear. He bandages himself up thinking he has been hurt. Nobody wants to hang around him because his life is about being sick. He can't seem to concentrate on anything but his imaginary sicknesses and he feels sorry for himself way too much.

This is a fun book to help children learn what hypochondriacism is. I imagine it happens to different people around us we know, children and adults, and we may even be one ourselves. I think reading this book to children would be a good way to teach the differences with people that think they are sick and have made up imaginary sicknesses in comparison with people that really are sick. I think we can also get so stuck in our real health problems that people do not want to hang around us, even if people do not know we have any. I think it's in our attitudes sometimes. The ending surprised me and I think it will surprise some children too.


My rating= 5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment