Friday, December 5, 2014

Bible Review: Plush Bible Collection,NIrV

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

This Plush Bible Collection: NIrV version Bible uses the NIV version while using words that are easier to understand in place of some harder words, making it easier for young readers who are reading this Bible to understand it better. The notes about this version also state that some words have been changed to make it easier. For instance, some places in the Bible that say “the River” actually mean “the Euphrates River” and have been added to this version to say “the Euphrates River”. The headings for the Biblical book chapters and some of the sections in this Bible are supposed to be more helpful to young readers as well.

The Bible I received has a soft pink plush cover, which I think some young readers will like (probably more likely females). I read through the Biblical books of Amos and Colossians while reviewing this Bible. Although I would prefer reading a Bible as close to the original text as possible, some of the wording did seem different (and softer maybe), giving me the impression it would be easier for young readers to understand. I liked how the dictionary in the back of the Bible didn’t seem to add any holidays that are not in the Bible but included Biblical feasts. I also like that there is a “Great Bible Stories” listing in the back of the Bible.

My review = 4.5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this Bible from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment