Saturday, December 27, 2014

Bible Review: NKJV Note-taker's Bible

The NKJV Note-taker’s Bible is for people that like to take notes as they are reading through the Bible. It uses the NKJV translation. There is room in the margin on every page of Bible text to write in notes in the unlined spaces provided. The different sections (stories) of the Bible are noted as they begin. Jesus’ (Yeshua’s) words are in red, helping readers understand when he is speaking. There are also footnotes at the bottom of the Bible pages, noting information about NU-Text comparisons and comparable (or similar) Bible verses. This Bible contains straight Bible text from what I could discern, minus the Table of Contents, the Preface to the NKJV, and the footnotes.

When I first picked up this hard cover Bible it felt smaller than any Bible I have ever held before. I noticed pretty quickly that the lettering was small, which was probably why there were not as many pages as most (or all) of the other Bibles I have read. I read through the Biblical books of Nehemiah and Matthew as I was reviewing this Bible. I liked being reminded about the Beatitudes and who the “least of these” are and how we are supposed to treat them well. I didn’t notice any glossary or concordance sections. I kind of liked that because the very last page of this Bible contained the last words of Scripture.

If I ever want to write notes in a Bible this is probably the Bible I will use.

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: The publisher has provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment