Sunday, November 23, 2014

Ebook Review: Waves of Love by Lori Ann Mitchell

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.







Sage manages a shop where scones, donuts, and other pastries are sold. A handsome surfer comes in. He is a man that many young (and also probably older) women adore, and he finds some ways to get close to her. Sage is not sure why she is getting attention from him, after all he is 10 years younger than she is. Readers will learn whether he is noticing something special about Sage, something different than the women that continue to try to get his attention. But only time will tell if the age difference will matter to either of them, if they are attracted to each other because they notice something good in the other, or for some other reason(s).

I really liked that this novel concentrates on a different kind of couple that a lot of books don't focus on, and that's a younger man and an older woman being attracted to each other. I liked how they both did things to show they cared about each other at the beginning of the novel, and they seemed to look beyond the age difference, although I know there comes a time when there is too big of a gap in the age difference at times for some couples. I noticed how one character struggled with that situation more then the other in this novel.

On a different note, there was some bad language in the book that I couldn't tell was in this book from reading the first two chapters while previewing the book. I also struggled with some of the moral decisions that were made in the book.

I am glad to now know from reading this story that novels are being written about the topic of an older woman and a younger man trying to see if they belong together. It was hard for me to tell at times what would happen in this story, which kept me anticipating something good or something unexpected.

My rating = 3.5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment