Monday, November 10, 2014

Book Review: The One Year Hearing His Voice Devotional by Chris Tiegreen

The One Year Hearing His Voice Devotional contains 365 devotionals about intimate communication with God. It helps readers come into deeper relationship with God by understanding the ways in which He speaks, no matter if it’s through thoughts that enter our minds from him, the words of someone God is speaking through to give us messages, or the thunder and lightening of His voice. Each devotional includes a Bible scripture verse, a devotional reading, and a prayer that apply to each other. There are also random devotionals titled “From the Heart of God”, which are read like God is speaking directly to the readers.

I am amazed how deep this book was to me! Very rarely do I highlight anything in books I receive; I highlighted a lot throughout it because I felt like God was often speaking directly to me and I wanted a memory of His communication to me. Even though I read about 20 devotionals per day on most days (because I needed to finish the book in about a month’s time), words still jumped off the pages to me often, like God was giving me personal messages. I also loved coming across the “From the Heart of God” devotionals because it did seem like God was speaking into my life through them based on the situations it talked about in them and the encouragement they gave me.

I hope this book has many, many more people’s names written on it and that it gets into their hands somehow, whether it is given to them, they buy it for themselves, or they borrow it from someone.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment