Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bible Review: NIV Discover God's Heart Devotional Bible

People will be able to discover more of God’s heart as they read through the NIV Discover God’s Heart Devotional Bible! Devotional readings are included throughout this Bible, which cover the sections of Scriptures read. Each Biblical book includes a short (one page) introduction, familiarizing readers with the background information of each book. There are enough devotional readings in this Bible for people to read six days per week for a year, which gives readers one day off a week with the readings. Each devotional gives keys to God’s story, the King’s Heart, and insight about the Scriptures. There is also a handy section of reading plans in the back of the Bible.

To start off, I really liked that the Bible books Table of Contents was located right after the Bible title page; that made it easy for me to find. I read through the Biblical books of Ezekiel, Titus, and James when reviewing the hard cover edition of this Bible. I noticed that the devotionals covered certain sections of Scriptures after I read through them. For instance, there was a devotional waiting for me that covered Ezekiel 16-19, after I read those Scriptures. I also liked how the next page is listed that the next devotional can be found on, at the end of the devotionals.

I believe that this will be a great devotional Bible for people that are discovering God’s Word for the first time. I believe that it will also be great for people that are familiar with God’s Word, but want to discover more of His heart!

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment