Wednesday, October 29, 2014

E-Book Review: Where's Tony? by A.D. Erving, Illustrated by Guy Morad


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

The Dream Ten basketball team had an awesome season and is scheduled to play in some playoff games! Tony, a player on the team goes missing in between games though. The Dream Ten separates into groups and tries to find him. They end up in places that they would not normally find themselves at, but they have to find their missing player because The Dream Ten is not the same without him. The hard journey of finding Tony brings clues for them to try to find where he is and it becomes a mystery if he and his family even live in the area anymore. Who really knows if Tony will be able to compete with them, even if they do find him?

I really liked this story. It was interesting to read more about The Dream Ten, since I had read book one and learned how much of a challenge it was to put the team together. There is kind of a warning at the beginning, about how the story may be difficult for some. I think that a lot of people might be aware of the things that they will read about in this story, but I am not so sure many youth will understand, so I think the warning was a great idea.

There is some random bad language in the book; chapter 16 had a lot of bad language in it, in my opinion. I have noticed that some youth books use bad language in them sometimes, so what I think of as bad language others might see as mild bad language.

The story takes an interesting turn towards the end of the book. The way it ended makes me want to read the third installment already, to see what kind of adventure The Dream Ten might find themselves in with the next book. I notice that each book in the series seems to focus more on one player over the others. I’m interested in learning more about the next player that I think the next book will be about, and I’m also interested in seeing how The Dream Ten will hopefully pull together as a team again on and off the courts.

My review =  4 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment