Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Book Review: Captain No Beard and the Aurora Borealis by Carole P. Roman

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Captain No Beard and his crew are on another interesting adventure in this volume 7 edition of the Captain No Beard series! The crew is cold and ice has landed on their ship. Captain No Beard wants to take something from its home in the north and bring it to their place. The crew members are all shocked that he would want to do that because they think it’s wrong, and that it’s stealing…is it really stealing though, or are the crew members right that it is in fact stealing?

I liked the theme in this book of not taking something that doesn’t belong to you; I believe that moral will be planted in the minds of many children by reading this book. I liked that it also teaches about the Aurora Borealis, which I understood is only made for certain locations and weather. I got the impression that it is not seen in very many other places. I loved Hallie’s idea of how they could bring their own Aurora Borealis to them though, in a way that they could see one anytime they want to.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this book from Red Feather Publishing / Carole P. Roman in exchange for a review. 

 

1 comment: