Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bible Review: NKJV Study Bible

The NKJV Study Bible is a study Bible that uses the NKJV translation together with commentary notes and other supplemental information such as cross-references, time lines, articles, word studies, maps, and charts. Background information is included at the beginning of each Biblical book, such as the author and date, setting, Christ (Messiah) in the Scriptures, and an outline. Bible readers can follow the commentary along with most verses they read individually (not all verses have commentary, but most I read most seemed to), after they have read a section of Scripture, or they can choose to skip over the commentary if they want to read straight Biblical text. There are also photos included that help people to visualize some things mentioned in the Scripture verses.

I read the books of Ecclesiastes and Colossians as I was reviewing the hard cover edition of this study Bible. I mostly read each verse and commentary individually. It sank in for the first time after reading the background information that the book of Colossians was probably written during one of the times that Paul was imprisoned. I noticed that the Old and New Testament contents page is located about 14 pages after some information for the Bible is given, such as what is inside this Bible, a general table of contents, the preface, and how to understand what the Bible means by what it says. I also noticed that the word studies first translated the words in either Hebrew on the Old Testament pages I came across, or Greek on the New Testament pages.

There definitely seemed to be a high amount of information in this Bible to use for study material. There seemed to be more supplemental material than there was Bible text to me, which I know is probably good for people who want deep teachings in the Scriptures.

My review = 4 out of 5 stars 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this Bible free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment