Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bible Review: The NKJV Adventure Bible

 

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

The NKJV Adventure Bible is made for children ages 8-12. Full-color features are included within the Biblical text to help children understand what is being taught within it. Each Biblical book gives basic facts about it through book introductions. Section headings throughout each Biblical book give summaries about what is going on within those sections. Other features throughout the Bible will highlight verses, important points, teach about Bible characters, explore the times the Bible characters lived, and help children live out G-d’s Word. Additional features include 20 full-color tip-in pages, a subject index, concordance, map index, color maps, and notes to parents and teachers.

Children will learn how to use this Bible immediately after opening it; it is explained right after the gift dedication page. The Biblical book table of contents is listed after the introduction pages, which is about 7 pages later.

I reviewed the Biblical books of Ruth and Ephesians while reading and reviewing the hard cover edition of this Bible. The “Life in Bible Times” was the most interesting feature of this Bible to me because it brought the Bible more alive to me about what the times were like for the people within the Scriptures I read, and I believe it will do the same for children. I never ran across any notes to parents and teachers within the Bible books I read but I trust that they are in this Bible somewhere. Jesus’ (Yeshua’s) words weren’t in red, which I know all Bibles don’t use. I loved seeing that there is a map index in this Bible, which gives Bible readers’ step-by-step instructions on finding important locations where Bible events happened on the maps.

The features included throughout this Bible will make it more interesting and fun for children to learn about the Biblical text within it!

My review = 4.5 out of 5 stars 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this Bible free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment