Sunday, September 21, 2014

Book Review: Never Ever Give Up by Erik Rees with Jenna Glatzer

Never Ever Give Up is a story about Jessica Rees’ fight with pediatric cancer and her love and care for other children with cancer as she was going through it. It comes from the voice of her father, Erik Rees. Instead of focusing on herself, she choose to make jars filled with items that would make children with cancer feel loved and cared about.  This act turned into something that went beyond her family’s imagination and is still operating today through The Jessie Rees Foundation. This book explains much about Jessica’s life, such as how she calmed herself sometimes during medical procedures, generated a lot of supporters as she posted messages during her fight with cancer, and inspired many to NEGU (Never Ever Give Up).

I am happy to be able to read this story about Jessica Rees. At one point in my life I was around children with cancer and they were very loving and taught me a lot. I am not sure why G-d allows children with cancer to die sometimes because of the joy they often bring to our world, but I do believe he does something amazing through these children, just as it sounds like he did with Jessica.

There is a picture section near the middle of the book which included photos during Jessica’s time of having cancer. The photos in my soft cover edition were color and showed Jessica’s positive attitude shining through the pages!

Readers will be encouraged to reach out to think of and care for others, to make this world a better place, like Jessica did. Her story touched and inspired me very much!

My review = 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this book from Handlebar Marketing in exchange for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment