Sunday, September 7, 2014

Book Review: little book of Book Making by Charlotte Rivers

little book of Book Making combines many different artists’ work. It is divided into different sections: Folded Bindings, Sewn Bindings, Page and Cover Treatments, Experimental Packaging, and Bookmaking in Practice. Each book described is given a name, who created the books, and where they are from.  A summary of the books are also included with photos. Instructions to make some of the types of books are described in the back of the book. A Contributor Directory, Resources, Glossary, Index, and Acknowledgments and Credits section is also included.

Before I read this book I had not considered that book making is an art. I imagined ways that people might use the books described in this book, such as for scrap books, journals, or to write stories. It described to me that books are often made around themes, and sometimes are made in the shapes of those themes. It showed me what kind of tools and supplies are needed and about how many items are needed to make certain books. It has also put more creative ideas in my head as to how I can put together books in the future if I desire to.

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of Material Connection: Blogging for Books provided a free book for me in exchange for an honest review.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment