Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Book Blog Tour: Nowhere to Turn by Lynette Eason

Danielle Harding has an abusive husband. He is not only abusive to her, he does mean things to other people as well. When Kurt leaves the house she runs away with her son after someone he sent over discovers what he came for isn’t there. She discovers soon after their escape that Kurt died the same day. Kurt’s brother is giving her a lot of attention but she is not so sure she should trust him, after all he had done a lot of stuff to help Kurt. This is one thing that causes Danielle to really have nowhere to turn because she doesn’t know who she can trust.

I liked that I couldn’t figure out what would happen in this suspenseful novel at times. For awhile both before and after he died, I didn’t know if Kurt’s brother was a good guy or a bad guy in Danielle’s life. Danielle’s son Simon was very brave and I’m sure any child or adult going through what he and Danielle went through in real life might need some guidance afterwards. It’s hard to go through physical violence situations in real life, and it’s harder when there is not much or any support available. Sometimes we have to protect our friends (and sometimes maybe family) by leaving them behind if they are in danger just from knowing us, like one of Danielle’s friends was.

This book will keep some people on their toes until the next novel in the Hidden Identity series is released.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment