Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Bible Review: NIV Once-A-Day Bible: Chronological Edition

The NIV Once-A-Day Bible: Chronological Edition uses the NIV Bible translation to bring the contents of the Bible to readers in the order of time that they occurred. The readings are broken up into 365 portions, designed to be used one day for each portion. Each day lists what part of Scriptures will be read at the beginning of each portion. At the end of the readings (and sometimes towards the middle of the readings) there is a reflection given on the Scriptures that were read. Notes are included with numbers that can be clicked on throughout the Scriptures; after the notes are read readers can click back to the location that they came from.

I read some of the Biblical books of Genesis and Job while reviewing this E-Book specialty Bible on my Kindle, in the Day 1-11 readings. I found this E-Book Bible easy to navigate through. The once-a-day chronological index showed me which Bible portions would be covered on each day, helping me not to have to flip through this E-Book Bible to find the location of certain Scriptures. It allowed me to click on those Scriptures also in that same index, without trying to find them within that day’s Bible portion readings. There were headings included with the Scriptures to inform me to what the Scriptures were about, which I have seen in all or most NIV Bibles that I have read. I liked that the reflection portion in each day’s reading listed what part of Scripture that it referred to, and allowed that portion of Scripture to be clicked on when I needed to reread it.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this Bible from BookLook Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment