Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Book Review: When I Journal He Speaks by Dr. Michelle Miner

When I Journal He Speaks is a journaling journey broken down into 40 journaling exercises, to help bring people into greater intimacy with God. The book is divided into seven chapters, and then lists journaling exercises within those chapters. There is a devotional usually relating to real life examples, or encouragement with each exercise and Michelle gives examples throughout the book of how God spoke to her. There are prayers listed for readers to ask God what he wants to say to them regarding certain situations/topics. Readers then have journaling spaces for each journaling exercise to write what God spoke to them, and anything else they want to write about in relation to those topics. There are also Bible verses included throughout the book. 

I think this can be looked at as a book that will help readers continue sitting at the Lord’s feet until he speaks to them about certain topics. I think to get the most from what this journaling journey book offers, people would most likely become quiet and wait for the Lord to speak to them before moving onto the next topic. As I went through the journaling exercises (usually more than one topic per day), I think God spoke to me a little bit. It might have taken me a long time to review this book if I had gone at a slower place. I have started going through the book again in a deeper way though and hope to hear some deeper answers, which I think I may have already started hearing. I believe God gives us back what we put into our relationship with him, and sometimes maybe more than we put in sometimes without expecting it.

I loved the examples that Michelle included of how God spoke back to her, which gives readers an indication that God will speak to us personally and intimately when we are spending much needed time with him.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this book from Bostick Communications in exchange for a review. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment