Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bible Review: NIV Streams in the Desert Bible

The NIV Streams in the Desert Bible brings 365 days worth of Streams in the Desert devotions alongside the NIV translation Bible text, with the devotions being near the Bible text they refer to. Each devotion reading includes a month and day, giving readers one year’s worth of devotional readings. The devotions list a source of where they came from, also. There are footnotes at the bottom of the Bible text pages, giving readers more explanation about what they are reading. The back of this specialty Bible includes a Table of Weights and Measures, Subject Index, and blank “My Journey” pages for notes.

I liked that there is a note in the front of the Bible that explains that the Streams in the Desert devotions is not a replacement for the Bible text; and that now people can have the Bible text with them as they read through the Streams in the Desert devotions in this specialty Bible. I also liked how the Bible Table of Contents was right after the title page, making it easy for me to find. I read through the Bible books of Joshua, 1 Timothy, and 2 Timothy while reviewing this Bible. I was glad to see that the devotions were located very close to the Bible text they were about, usually on the same page, or one page after it.

This seemed to me like a simple kind of specialty Bible, with not a lot of extra pages outside of the Bible text and devotionals.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this Bible from BookLook Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment