Thursday, July 31, 2014

Book Review: Where is My Home? by Tali Carmi, illustrated by Mindy Liang

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Terry Treetop chases a butterfly but the butterfly continues to fly from flower to flower. All of a sudden, Terry discovers he is lost. He is hungry and doesn’t know how to get back home. He meets different animals that give him food, although the food is not what he considers tasty. After he obeys some instructions and comes across the animals, he realizes that he is still far from home, but is he really as far from home as he thinks?

This book does a great job of showing the different types of food that each of the animals in the story eat. I felt it was very generous of them to share their food with Terry, even though it wasn't human food. I think it will interest children that the animals knew how to tell Terry how to get back home. And, I believe the ending of the story will help show children that Terry learned his lesson and he will probably not do the same thing that made him get lost in the first place again.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment