Friday, July 25, 2014

Book Review: Goldie Takes a Stand! by Barbara Krashner, Illustrated By Kelsey Garrity-Riley

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Goldie Mabowehz is the president of the American Young Sisters Society. She wants the group to help raise funds for textbooks for children that are in need of them. Goldie thinks of a way to try to earn some extra money for the cause herself but when the group runs short they rent a hall to have a fundraiser. Will people show up and care for the cause, or will the group have to keep trying to raise funds?

The events in this book about Goldie Mabowehz (Golda Meir) are true, although the dialogue is imagined. I like that this story was created for young minds to learn about her life. I believe leading the American Young Sisters Society planted a seed for Goldie to do other things with her life, eventually becoming the Prime minister of Israel. The illustrations did a great job of bringing the story more to life for me.

Recommended for ages: 5-9, grade: K-4

My review = 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a free copy of this book from Kar-Ben Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

Goldie Takes a Stand! is available August 2014

 

No comments:

Post a Comment