Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Review: Get To Know Jesus by Nancy I. Sanders

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Get to Know Jesus is a children’s book that gives a color biography of Jesus’ (Yeshua’s) life. There are many details included about his birth, childhood, youth, teaching experiences, Biblical feasts he and his family celebrated, and his death and resurrection. Color pictures, photos, maps, and timelines are shown throughout the book, showing young readers what certain items and events might have looked like during Jesus’ day. There are also various tidbits included within the chapters, which include Scripture, Bible Hero, Eyewitness Account, Did You Know, and Word Bank features. The Word Bank words are also included in the glossary at the back of the book.

I’m so happy to have come across this book! I believe this book is great for children! I liked seeing the many photos and pictures in the book of places where Jesus was at for various reasons like healing people, teaching, and being tempted in the wilderness. I also liked seeing pictures of Herod’s temple because I have learned that is the temple that was used in Jesus’ day. It was great to see that the book went into detail about the Biblical feasts that Jewish people follow and that Yeshua’s parables were in line with what people could understand during those times.

Children will probably need help with looking up the Bible verses that are given, so I hope adults will be interactive with the children’s learning from this book. I think this book will really open the mind up of children to help understand Yeshua’s life better.

I hope to be able to buy some copies of this book for children that I think would benefit from it because it’s rare for me to come across a children’s book that talks about Jesus’ Jewish lifestyle and the Biblical feasts his family celebrated. I am glad to know that there are other children’s books about other people from the Bible from this author as well.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment