Friday, July 11, 2014

Book Review: Apostle Paul by Nancy I. Sanders

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Apostle Paul is a children’s book from the “Get to Know” series by Nancy I. Sanders. It gives a color biography of Paul’s life. There is information included about his life before and after becoming a follower of Jesus. Color pictures, photos, maps, and timelines are shown throughout the book, giving readers visualization through paintings and other pictures of what Paul’s life could’ve been or was like. There are also various tidbits included within the chapters, which include Scripture, Bible Hero, Eyewitness Account, Did You Know, and Word Bank features. The Word Bank words are also included in the glossary at the back of the book.

This book is probably a good way to introduce Paul to children, especially if they have never heard a story about him from the Bible. They might be able to understand him better later when they hear a story about or that’s connected to him in the Bible after hearing about him in this book.

It was interesting for me to be able to look at pictures related to Paul’s life in this book, such as the Straight Street road where he stayed in Damascus, the remains of Ephesus where he preached, etc. I also liked that the book didn’t erase his Jewish identity, and that it also showed his role in spreading the Good News about Jesus (Yeshua) among Gentiles.

This book is being added to my library of children’s books, and I hope it will plant some seeds for many children to learn about Paul’s story in the Bible and how the teachings in his life brought people to know Jesus.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment