Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Blog Tour: Atlas Girl: Finding Home in the Last Place I Thought To Look by Emily T. Wierenga

Atlas Girl is a memoir about Emily T. Wierenga’s life. It focuses a lot on her journeys, setbacks, joys in life, and her mother’s battle with brain cancer. The chapters include the month and location(s) in which those parts of her story took place. In general, Emily set out on a journey of finding her place in the world. She meets a man that she would eventually marry and is led back to a place she needed to be, where she discovered many things about her life she wouldn’t have been able figure out unless she went back. She struggled with an eating disorder and other outlooks she had about herself, while discovering a lot of love and care around her in the process.


This book spoke to me in so many ways...about her struggle with a relationship with Jesus (Yeshua), with others, and with herself. I liked how she kept moving on with her life even in the midst of the heartache of having to watch her mother become very sick, and how her mother carried on with life the best that she could while she was going through that sickness. Emily’s personal struggles, discoveries, and healings have already been an inspiration to many, including me, even before the book had been released. So, I believe her story will touch many, many more lives in the days, weeks, months, and years to come!

Thank you for sharing your story, Emily!

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

Emily T. Wierenga is an award-winning journalist, columnist, artist, author, and blogger at www.emilywierenga.com. She speaks regularly about her journey with anorexia and lives in Alberta, Canada, with her husband, Trenton, and their two sons.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment