Thursday, July 10, 2014

Book Blog Tour: 90 Minutes in Heaven: 10th Anniversary Edition by Don Piper

This is the 10th anniversary edition of 90 Minutes in Heaven, which is the original story but has some new material included. Don Piper was in a bad car accident in 1989. He died and went to heaven for awhile. Someone came upon the scene of the accident to pray for him and he came back to life. His recovery journey after the accident is one that many people have read about when this book was first released 10 years ago. Don has spoken at many places since then and continues to be an encouragement as both a survivor of a terrible accident and a person who has a testimony of what heaven is like. His testimony often leads people to accept Jesus (Yeshua) into their hearts and also comforts people who have lost loved ones or are getting ready to pass away.

I am usually not a fan of wanting to read stories about people who say they have died and gone to heaven for awhile, but there was something that really drew me to Don Piper’s story. This was my first time reading and hearing about his story. The facts that he gives of being declared dead at the scene of the accident, someone coming along to pray for him, and then coming back to life, plus other facts he shared made me believe Don’s story to be true. I often wondered throughout the book why God would send someone back down to the earth to suffer so much to recover from a terrible accident after experiencing such beauty in heaven. As I continued on with the story, I think I came to understand that God needed Don down here for a lot of different reasons. With this 10th anniversary release of this book I believe many more lives will be touched through Don’s story.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this book from Revell in exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment