Thursday, June 5, 2014

Book Review: Stand Strong by Nick Vujicic

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Bullying is an important topic today, especially for children and youth of middle through high school ages. It has happened in all different parts of our world and is a concern to people in every country. Nick Vujicic gives many examples in Stand Strong of how children and youth (and even adults) can overcome bullying. He encourages people to not lash out, but to not always turn the other cheek either, since it is explained that Jesus (Yeshua) did not always do that. He explains that sometimes bullies may not understand that they are being mean, and sometimes it needs to be brought to their attention in a kind way.

This book was very beneficial to me to read because oftentimes I have been a target for being bullied in life, and a lot of it happened in adulthood. I have not always been that great with refraining from lashing out with words of great pain from the hurtful behaviors I have endured. I came to understand from reading this book, that people can get targeted by bullies because they know that they do not have many or any friends. Once their social support is built up they often flee away and/or leave them alone. 

I was very encouraged by the time I finished reading this book to understand that we are all worthy of a social group, and some people (like me) just have to search harder to find it sometimes. If bullying can easily happen to me as an adult, it probably happens much more easily to children and youth. We need to do a better job of protecting our loved ones from being bullied, especially if they are ever bullied right in front of us, and even if people in our families are the ones who are bullying them.

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: Blogging for Books provided a free book for me in exchange for an honest review.


You can Purchase Stand Strong through Amazon.com here:
Here is a recording of a past webcast about Stand Strong for anybody that would like to wat

No comments:

Post a Comment