Friday, June 20, 2014

Book Review: Patches and Buttons written and illustrated by Jennifer Link

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Patches the dog makes Buttons the bunny very scared. Buttons is easily frightened, not just by Patches. He finds some places to hide. Bunnies have different mannerisms when something scares them, which is explained in words and through colorful illustrations. Patches doesn’t seem afraid of anything. Why are dogs and bunnies so different from each other? Patches is persistent in gaining attention from Buttons and is trying to console him, even though Buttons keeps running away. Patches might just be able to do something that will not make Buttons so scared though, and might even provide some comfort for him.

This book will probably entertain a lot of children. Children might wonder why Buttons was so scared and what it would take for him to become unafraid of Patches and other things that scare him. I think this book will help children understand better why bunnies act scared sometimes.

I believe I found some punctuation errors in this book, which will probably not affect the way this story is read to children. It could also be that I have a reviewer’s copy and that those errors weren’t corrected yet in the edition I read.

I think the children will smile at the outcome of the story.  I believe this is a story that children will want to keep pulling off of the shelves to have read to them. I think many will like it because it’s about animals and because there are many colorful illustrations throughout its pages.

My rating = 4 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Bostick Communications / Jennifer Link for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment