Thursday, June 12, 2014

Book Review: Collision: The Battle for Darracia by Michael Phillip Cash

Darracia is the native planet in a solar system of fourteen planets. Clans from this planet have rarely not suffered. In the beginning of the book, Zayden leaves Darracia in search of his Uncle Staf Nuen. He has been taught not to use ordinary weapons, but to use the Fireblade, to keep violence at a minimum. The Darracians and Quyroos are not getting along and the new doctrines have shaken the society of the Darracians. Darracians sons and daughters are often forced to stay away from Quyrooos to prevent them from mixing. When they are to ask for guidance they are supposed to ask the Elements.

First off, I want to say that I believe the author has a great gift for literature. Next, I want to say that this is normally not the kind of book I would request to review; I think I requested it in error. I found when reading it that it reminded me of people’s lives of following other gods that I read about so often in the Bible, so in that way it was educational to me. The characters in the book didn’t seem fulfilled by their lives to me and maybe they were not aware that there is one true God that could fulfill their needs. There were words that I consider bad words in various places in the book, but which other people might see as part of their normal vocabulary. I enjoyed the ending of the book.

My review =  2.5 of out 5 stars

Disclosure of material connection: I received a free copy of this book from Bostick Communications / Michael Phillip Cash  in exchange for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment