Friday, June 13, 2014

Book Review: Charlie the Cavalier Begs for Attention by Lisa Rusczyk, illustrated by Magdalena Takac

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Charlie the Cavalier is a dog that wants a lot of attention from his family. He can even fit inside a suitcase when some of the family goes out of town, another place he can be with them while some of the other members of the family have to stay home. He’s been trained to entertain people and keep them safe, which is how he often receives the much wanted attention he craves. He loves it when people talk to him and when he can make them happy. Without Charlie the world will not be as bright for his family, and he has many ways of showing them that!

I love the curiosity the family has about just how Charlie will get their attention next...what will be the next thing he comes up with?  The drawings in the book were very colorful and will help others to see just how much attention Charlie receives from his family, and the things he will do to receive that attention. Charlie is a great example of how dogs are loving creatures, which need love and attention. I love how there is a puppet with this book that is for use with the storytelling, which will bring the story more alive to the people who read and listen to it.

This book is advertised for ages 0-8 / grades P-3, although I believe it will touch everyone, no matter how old they are.

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for an amazing review! I love your positive reaction. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. I enjoyed it! I posted about the free eBook day today, on another post.

    ReplyDelete