Thursday, May 8, 2014

Book Review: PetitCollage by Lorena Siminovich

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****
 

PetitCollage is a collection of 25 art projects to make children’s rooms more child-friendly. From projects such as a door tag, miniature dollhouse, growth chart, play table, step stool, to a headboard; there are various easy, intermediate, and advanced projects to choose from. There are also some handy sections in this book, such as the materials, tools, and templates sections; these sections compliment the craft projects laid out in this book. The color pictures show examples of the finished craft projects, giving craft makers ideas of the finished projects in this book. PetitCollage is also the name of the craft design company that is run by Lorena Siminovich, the author of this book.

My first impression as I started reading through this book was that there is a lot of interesting craft ideas for childrens' rooms in it. It sounded as if most of the craft supplies would be items that most people have on hand, and some are readily available in my household, such as wrapping paper, business envelopes, scissors, and binder clips. Items not available in my household are artist tape, decoupage glue, wood, different sized hole punches plus some other items. I learned that the projects are mostly for adults and that occasionally there is a child add-on to the craft, where is something that a child can help with in relation to certain crafts. The craft idea that I hope to make one day from this book is the memory game, made with my family members’ faces. I think that will add some laughs to game time in my household.

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the Blogging for Books program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment