Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Book Review: Laughing in the Rain by Hillary Saffran

In Laughing in the Rain, Hillary Saffran tries to help readers take the edge off of their stressful situations by showing a humorous attitude in areas that most people can connect with. She talks about areas such as college, what womens' bodies are like after they give birth, the age when it all starts coming apart, and even dating after a divorce. She understands that life gets very stressful because she has been through many of the situations herself and tries to help readers take the edge off and make their lives easier through laughing. The book also contains some humorous quotes by well-known people, and random pictures.

Hillary had a funny of way of showing me how something joyful and funny can come from each stressful situation I encounter, I just have to look for the humor and I will find it. It will take an edge off of the hardships, helping me to find some good in those situations, if I want and need to laugh and chill out. She shows how humor can often be found in serious situations, sometimes even in Bible stories. It is often hard for me to want to find something to laugh about if it sounds like it’s supposed to be serious, or it is a serious situation. So, I am thankful this book encouraged me to try to dig a little deeper for some humor when dealing with serious situations.

My rating = 4.5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: Bostick Communications / Hillary Saffran provided a free e-book for me in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment