Thursday, May 1, 2014

Book Blog Tour: One Perfect Spring by Irene Hannon

This story starts out with a letter, from a young girl named Haley. It is written about her neighbor Maureen who has cancer and is trying to find her son that she gave up through adoption many years ago. The letter is written to a man who is known for making dreams come true, and Haley tells him about a dream that hopefully he will make come true. When Haley’s mom finds out she has done this, she wants an apology given to Maureen. Haley’s mom does get to interact with a man who kind of reminds her at first of her past husband but soon discovers some different qualities. Maureen, who has never been married, is dating…all because of Haley’s letter. So, did she really do anything wrong?

One thing I loved about this story is the sense of family between Maureen and Claire who are neighbors, which later included some other people in this story who came to know them. In my opinion, there was a lot of relational beauty in this story. Haley’s letter appeared like it was going to be easy to give up on at first but there was something about it that made the right people spring into action, which I think happened as a result of prayer based on what I read later on in the story. The outcome was not one that I expected but it was a happy ending, which I’m sure a lot of readers will be happy about.

I always enjoy reading Irene Hannon’s novels and the storylines and outcomes never disappoint me. I came to think of One Perfect Spring as kind of a sequel to That Certain Summer (also by Irene Hannon), which was released last year, although they are really nothing alike…the plot and characters are very different. Irene has a way of keeping me interested from the start of the story to the finish; I will continue to be a reader of her books, anxiously awaiting her new releases!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment