Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bible Review: God's Sightings: The One Year Bible

God Sightings: The One Year Bible is a NLT translation. There is one year’s worth of Bible readings, given one day at a time. Each day’s reading includes a main Scripture section from the Old Testament, the New Testament, and also includes a shorter section of the Psalms and Proverbs. The days are also counted so when readers are following the current day they can see how many days worth of readings they have accomplished. There is also a handy check box next to the beginning of each day, which can be conveniently checked off (if desired) when the readings are finished. Readers can choose to start at the January 1st reading, the current date, or whatever reading they choose.

I started off with the first reading in this Bible, even though I didn’t start reading this Bible on January 1st. I must say that I look forward to pulling this Bible out in the mornings. Some mornings I have enough time to read through two days worth of readings. I found an index (one in Biblical order and one in alphabetical order) telling me where certain Bible books started (the day and page number) and noticed that the Psalms are listed as starting in two different places in this Bible, indicating that this Bible goes through that Biblical book twice. Certain information is bolded throughout this Bible, causing me to pay a lot of attention to those words. It was interesting how each day the readings started off with a portion from the Old Testament and also added some information from the New Testament, often from Jesus’ (Yeshua’s) teachings. I also liked focusing on the Psalms and Proverbs after those readings because I believe I should be pouring wisdom from both of those books into my life every day.

This is a different way than usual to follow along with the Scriptures for me. I believe it will really open the minds of Bible readers in new and enlightening ways for those who want to read different sections of Scripture each day.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Tyndale Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment