Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Book Review: Take This Cup by Bodie and Brock Thoene

Take This Cup is a part of the Jerusalem Chronicles series, written by Bodie and Brock Thoene. Told in the voice of Nehemiah, he tells the story of how his mom Sarah and dad Lamsa met. His mom walks with a limp and she thinks she is damaged. Lamsa likes her just the way she is though and asks for her parents permission to marry him. She (Sarah) is hesitant at first but then agrees. The story of Nehemiah’s life unfolds from there as he comes into the picture soon after his mom and Lamsa are married. Nehemiah wonders what happens to the cup that Joseph the Dreamer used and begins a journey of discovery about it; he is a cupbearer after all.

I really liked the start of the story; learning about the background of how Nehemiah’s mother and father met and I also liked that he saw something good in her even though she walked with a limp. It sounded like Rabbi Kagba was an important person to Nehemiah, helping him understand more about the whereabouts of Joseph’s cup. I learned that the names we are given are important. They have meaning and can set the course for our lives. I have come to the realization that my name matches who I am. Even though this book is a work of fiction, the most important part for me was how Jesus’ (Yeshua’s) parables were brought into the story.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment