Friday, April 11, 2014

Book Review: A Cause to Be Thankful by Yolanda Shanks

A Cause to Be Thankful opens up the spiritual treasures found in Luke 17:11-19. This is the story of how Jesus (Yeshua) healed ten men with leprosy and only one man came back to express his thanks to him. Line by line of scripture to this story is explained, uncovering the deeper meaning that has been hidden to some people who have read this story in the past. Yolanda Shanks intertwines other supportive Scriptures into the book, in relation to the area of thankfulness, leprosy, righteous living, etc. There are pauses that also occur while reading the book, to give readers a chance to obtain salvation if they haven’t before and to also give the readers a chance to pray the included prayers.

I was so amazed at what was uncovered to me in this book about the “Jesus heals ten men with leprosy” story. It showed many things that I had not noticed in the story before, the most important for me being that the one man who came back to express his thanks to Jesus was a foreigner (a Samaritan), giving me the indication that the other nine men were Jewish natives of Jerusalem. The fact that it sounded like that man had just came from seeing the priest after Jesus told them to go to one when they were healed showed me that the foreigner was participating in that part of the law of Moses with them, thus it showed me once again that I think it is okay to have God write Torah on a non-Jewish person’s heart.

I love it when I run across a book that breaks down a small portion of Scripture; this book did that in a very deep way for me! I hope that there will be many, many more people who will feel the blessing of reading this book and that many will come to salvation in Jesus when they read it.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through BookCrash. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment