Thursday, April 3, 2014

Book Blog Tour: Blood Moons Rising by Mark Hitchcock

Mark Hitchcock is a prophecy expert. He shows readers in Blood Moons Rising another side of the four blood moons prophecy. He does not hide the fact that blood moons are known for happening on Jewish feast days, but points out there is more than just blood moons being explained during some of the unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible. He explains in detail that even if we may be receiving hints of things to come in the future through blood moons; we still need to go through the rapture before that happens. If the blood moons have not always been able to be viewed by the whole world, then why should we think that the future blood moons are of significance to everybody?

I kind of got the impression before I read this book that it would be speaking in favor of the four blood moons prophecy, but the more I read it the more it seemed more like it was trying to dissuade people from believing in it. I have to admit that this book showed me a different opinion about the four blood moons topic, that when I read in Scripture about blood moons I should look at everything that is spoken about with it.

To be honest, I didn’t like the criticism from the author of other people’s work about the four blood moons topic, even if some of what he criticized might be right. I don’t think he should have used their names (this is only my opinion though).

I also had a hard time taking in his comment“…My first and biggest disagreement is that the Jewish Sabbatical year applied to the people and land of Israel under the old covenant. America, along with all other nations, is not under the Mosaic law and is not required to keep either the Sabbath day every week or the Sabbatical year every seven years. Applying the Sabbatical year from the Mosaic law to America is contrary to all normal, sound methods of Biblical interpretation.” (Page 148). The reason I had a hard time with this comment is because I come alongside many people (in America) during worship on Shabbat (Saturday Sabbath) who like to learn how to follow some of the laws in the Old Testament. I see it more as a heart issue for these people who want to participate in these laws (or at least I am pretty sure it is for me). These are people (Jewish and non-Jewish) who come together to celebrate Saturday Sabbath and the feasts described in Leviticus 23, that author Mark Hitchcock writes about in Appendix 1 of this book. The Bible seems to back me up about God writing Torah on Gentiles’ hearts, such as in Romans 2:14-15.

Although the book seemed to me like it used a lot of pages to criticize others, I spent many hours of study time while reading it and I think God used it to outline some very important things to me, such as the section “The Prophetic Significance of the Feasts”, which compares the Spring, Fall, and Summer feasts to Jesus’ first coming, the current church age, and Christ’s second coming, and went deeper into the seven-sealed scroll from Revelation 6 then I have ever experienced before.

My review = 3 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Tyndale Publishing for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment