Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Book Review: The Well of Being Written and Illustrated by Jean-Pierre Weill

The Well of Being is a children’s book for adults. It explains our own unique “oneness”, and that we are all brought into the world with that “oneness”, and how we might call the encounter with that oneness “well-being”. Using both childhood and adulthood examples, it shows how well-being often gets messed up by outward circumstances and unfolds interesting examples about how readers might get their “well-being” back on the right track. So contrary to ways that the world might often see “oneness”, it also provides many examples that it is okay to be “one”…by ourselves…with no one watching at times.

I read through this story three times. Each time I read it something new popped out at me. Interestingly, I ran into a situation that could have stolen the joy I was feeling on a particular day and I remembered how this book explained to me that well-being isn’t based on outward circumstances. That really helped me to stay balanced on that particular day, with my well-being.  I really connected well to the author/illustrator’s expressiveness of finding the way back to well-being, that well-being is not forever lost when we have given it up with our outward, unjoyful circumstances…we can find it again. I also liked that the book is Hebrew-related, using different Hebrew people, places, and words in the examples throughout the book.

My rating= 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a pdf version of this book on behalf of  Jean-Pierre Weill for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

The Well of Being Book Trailer:




Jean-Pierre Weill's author bio:

http://thewellofbeing.co/artist_about.html

No comments:

Post a Comment