Thursday, March 13, 2014

Book Review: The Sign of the Son! by Mike Spidle

I have to start out by saying that this book is SO INTERESTING! I read it in less than a day. Even though it is just under 100 pages long I rarely read a whole book in 24 hours or less. In fact, I am not even sure I have before.

The book starts out by making readers aware that what is written in the pages are not really a prediction of when Jesus (Yeshua) will return, but that we can know (be aware) of the seasons.


I thought that this book was just going to be about blood moons but really it described all sorts of unique moons and how they have lined up with the Biblical (Jewish) feasts. It also describes how each new Hebrew month occurs based on new moons. It also lists the Biblical feasts that the Israelites are commanded to follow.

Scriptures relating to blood moons are given. History regarding different tetrads of four blood moons are outlined, with events that have taken place during those blood moon tetrads.

I had been praying that God would make it possible for me to read the Talmud and understand it (or something like that) and there were some places in this book that referenced the Talmud. Something else that really stuck out for me was the Biblical passages from Amos 8:11-12, about seeking the word of the Lord and not finding it. I know these verses might have a different overall meaning but these verses stuck out for me because I believe there are many people trying to find congregational homes where they can deeply be taught the word of God. I believe some aren’t finding it because of being shut out in various ways.

One thing that readers might want to know is that the book isn’t divided into chapters, but continuously moves onto new topics, which are highlighted. Also, after the author goes into detail he will occasionally summarize what he detailed. Also, there are various color pictures (photos) used throughout the book.

Most importantly, when the sign of the Son of man may appear is highlighted. And, there is a call to action, which I think is important because we don’t know when Jesus will be coming back and it might come upon us faster than we can ever comprehend. And I hope many of us will have a great relationship with Jesus when he comes back.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of material connection: I borrowed a copy of this book from a friend for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment