Saturday, March 8, 2014

Bible Review: Young Women of Faith Bible

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children/youth to read.*****

Young Women of Faith Bible is a young girls’ specialty Bible, using the NIV version/translation. Each Bible book has background information included at the beginning of the book, such as who wrote it, why it was written, what can be learned about God, important people, when and where it happened, and what some of the stories are that are included, along with where the stories can be found within the book. I Believe and If I Were There...statements, memory verses, and side notes are found throughout a lot of the Bible pages, to help open the minds of young readers’ to Scripture.


The journal sections highlight Bible portions usually right as they come across in Scripture and can be applied to young girls’ lives through notes, questions, written reflections, and prayers. Another awesome feature is the fifty-two weekly Bible studies, which is linked to the NIV Women of Faith Study Bible, which makes it possible for mothers and daughters to study God’s Word together. The concordance and the color maps in the back of the Bible are helpful features to this Bible also.

I read the book of Leviticus and Esther when reviewing this Bible. Although I believe the most important part of this specialty Bible to be the Bible content within it, I liked the side notes alongside the Biblical text. I also liked how the weekly Bible lessons tell where the next weekly Bible lesson can be found and how there is a listing of what pages the weekly Bible lessons are on towards the back of the Bible.

It bothered me slightly when one of the devotionals I came across spoke about a holiday that I don’t think is spoken about in the Bible.

The memory verses that I came across often highlighted important Biblical truths. I liked how most of all of the journal entries that I came across applied to Scriptures that were on the same page as the journal entry or on the page beside it; I did run into a few journal entries where I had to turn back a page but I was very happy to see that the Scriptures they were relating to were close to those journal entries.

I imagined some young girls writing in this Bible, filling out the “My Story” section at the beginning of the Bible and making notes in some of the journal portions, personalizing the Word of God towards their own individual lives…and I hope this has already become a reality in many young girls’ lives.

My review= 4.5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers / Zondervan book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment