Monday, December 2, 2013

Book Blog Tour: The One Year Devotions for Women: Becoming a Woman at Peace by Ann Spangler

The One Year Devotions for Women: Becoming a Woman at Peace helps women develop a more peaceful life with God through daily devotions and prayers. Each day has a topic that comes from a Scripture reference that the devotions and prayers were written about. The stories used in the devotions are mainly about some of Ann Spangler’s personal stories about herself and people she knows, to help show the readers that she struggles/has struggled with some of the same situations. She also brings some other real life stories into the devotionals about authors and other people the readers may have heard about, or would like to learn from. It also educates readers occasionally throughout the devotional about Hebrew words.

I connected really well with the devotionals in this book and often looked forward to reading them each day. I read this book a little bit at a time over about a month’s time, instead of a year’s time. I often read ten devotionals per day and then there were other days that I read a whole month’s devotionals, breaking them up into about ten devotionals at a time, three times per day. I ran into a “from fear to faith” theme when reading this that I kept running into in other ways during the same time frame.

Ever since I read Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus (which Ann Spangler co-authored) I have come to love her writings more and more. I also have a Bible that she was the General Editor of that I constantly use called The Names of God Bible from the God’s Word Translation.

I am so glad that this book was put into my life and I did notice that my life became more peaceful as I was reading it. I recommend it to other women who want to find more peace in their lives with God.

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from Tyndale Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment