Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Bible Review: Life Application Study Bible: NLT version

The Life Application Study Bible: NLT version is a Bible that contains commentary to help readers apply the Biblical passages to their lives. Beside the Scriptures readers are shown where other Scriptures are located related to those Scriptures. It opens up the Scriptures very deeply throughout the Bible.

This is a Bible that I like to pull out when I want to go really deep into the Scriptures. It was handy to have the commentary on the same pages as the Scriptures it related to. It seemed like more of a commentary to me than a Bible because about 1/4 to 1/2 of the pages are the actual Scriptures and the rest of the pages are the commentary relating to those Scriptures. I love using Bible commentary but when I think of a Bible I think of it containing the whole Bible with nothing else added. When commentary is added to it it becomes more like a Bible commentary or a Bible and Bible commentary combo to me. So, I'm going to try to look at it as a Bible combo from here on forward.


My review= 4 out of 5 stars

I received this free from Tyndale for advertising it on my book blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment