Monday, November 11, 2013

Book Blog Tour: A Million Little Ways by Emily P. Freeman

God is an artist. God plants artistic abilities within people also. Maybe not always in the ways we think an artist should be such as being a painter or a sculptor, but in a million little ways that sometimes come out in little spurts over time. Something as common as cooking a meal or writing, or something as uncommon as teaching sign language to a group of children or making a sign for your child’s little league team are all ways that God brings out the artists in us over time, or possibly even all at once for some people. The word “masterpiece” is often substituted for the English translation “poem” throughout this book and helps readers to see how they can see themselves as a “poem”.

I learned through this book that oftentimes people have an artistic ability in them that they don’t know is there and that God will use our artistic creativity in different ways at different points in our lives. I think that this book does a good job of encouraging people to find their artistic abilities buried deep within, or to use what they know they have already been gifted with maybe in different ways than they have been using those artistic gifts.

I have felt for a very long time that I know a little bit about a lot and I discovered that maybe this is God working inside of me in a million little ways. This book showed me that there are going to be different seasons of my life that God brings something artistic out of me, whether it’s cooking, arts and crafts, writing, etc. I struggled with understanding how God’s Masterpieces could also be poems but maybe that will make more sense to me as time goes by. This book brought me to a new level of understanding of how I can use the passions that I think God has put inside of me and that there is nothing wrong with allowing those passions to come out in a million little pieces/ways if that is how God wants to work with me about those passions. It also gave me hope that the million little pieces will come together to make something a lot more understandable in the future.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars


Available November 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary book from Revell for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment