Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Book Review: Wounded By God's People by Anne Graham Lotz

Wounded by God’s People is a book for both wounded people and those who have wounded them. It is written by Billy Graham’s daughter Anne Graham Lotz. The book flips back and forth between her personal stories of being wounded and also a wounder, and the Biblical example of Hagar in the Abraham (Abram) and Sarah (Sarai) story. It shows readers that just because people who are representing God reject them doesn’t mean that God rejects them also. It also focuses a lot on how God loves the wounders also and Jesus (Yeshua) did something sacrificial for his wounders by dying for them and encourages the wounded to forgive and be sacrificial to people who have hurt them as well.

I thought this book was beautiful, well-written, and inspiring! I immediately liked how Anne called God’s people “The God of Hagar”, “David’s God”, etc. This helped me to feel more secure in knowing that God is my God also because I often deal with much hurt, hardship, and insecurity when someone who is a representative of God hurts me deeply. I often have thought that God thinks that the people who have wounded me are right, and I came to the realization that it doesn’t really matter who is right. It opened my eyes up to the fact that just because God’s people have sometimes wounded and rejected me doesn’t mean God did too. It also helped show me how I have become a wounder during some of my lashing out experiences during some of the times I have been wounded.

I was struggling with God’s love for me before reading this book. Now I know that all is okay, I am loved and so are the people who wounded me. I also realized that there are times that God decides to prune me so that something else new and wonderful can start growing in and through me.

I feel so blessed to have read and reviewed this book! I was very much glued to it the whole time I read it. I felt that it was a personal letter God had written to me at times through words that He had given to Anne. I hope other readers will also get lost in a deep encounter with God as they read through the pages, as I did.

My Review= 5 out of 5 stars


I received this book free from Zondervan/Booksneeze for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment