Monday, September 30, 2013

Book Review: Why Still Care About Israel? by Sandra Teplinsky

Why Still Care About Israel? by Sandra Teplinsky is a well-researched book covering current and past issues for the people and state of Israel. The back of the book includes about 18 pages of notes to back up the work from the author. It is a significantly revised edition to the 2003 version.  It teaches why it is a huge blessing to bless Israel’s people, because God has a loving heart towards them. A description of Gentiles being grafted into the olive tree is explained.  It also lists some written Hebrew words and translates them into English and some prayers are given for readers to pray for the people and state of Israel.

This book brought me to a deeper level of understanding God’s love for Israel. It also went much deeper into the persecution of the people in Israel than I have ever understood before. It encouraged me to continue with how I love and support Israel, to try to move up that love and support a few notches, and keep continuing to do so as time moves forward. It also encouraged me to keep up-to-date with what is happening in Israel and to pray for the people who live there more often.  Matthew 25 was opened up to me in a totally different way towards Jewish people and I can’t imagine looking at that chapter the same way I used to ever again.

This book was written for Bible believers who are interested and want to learn more about Israel, from a Messianic Jewish (Jewish Christian) Israeli perspective, Christians who already care a lot about Israel but want to gain a deeper insight and stay current on issues, Christians who doubt or question that God still has prophetic plans for Israel, and for non-Christians who are troubled or puzzled by the quandary and controversy of Israel-and would like to look at the matter through the lens of Scripture (Paraphrased from pages 14 and 15).

My review= 5 out of 5 stars


I received this book free from Chosen Books for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment